Bytesforall.org primarily provides four kinds of services:
1. It conducts research on issues related to ICT impact on society. This impact study may include: studying the usage pattern, penetration of different ICT tools or services, developing metrics or indicators to ICT led development on certain areas such as, sustainable environment, health, livelihoods etc., identifying best practices on different areas of ICT for development, analyzing or monitoring regulatory, policy and Internet rights issues, recommending informed actions etc. ‘bytesforall.org’ is experienced in organizing research (both primary and/or secondary data research) with a task of designing the methodologies (both qualitative and quantitative approaches), doing field-level survey/library/web research, analyzing/synthesizing information, authoring or editing reports and communicating research results etc. It also develops evaluation methodologies, monitoring metrics and conducts studies for different projects and initiatives. ‘bytesforall.org’ is capable of preparing strategies or planning documents for research results and web communication.
2. It facilitates and supports implementation of different innovative ideas of others that fits our areas of research. This may include inviting others in submitting others, providing in-kind fellowship, offering logistics and research support, promoting the outcomes of the research etc. Purpose is to aggregate the research ideas of others in the relevant field and to make it an ongoing innovative place.
3. It provides consultancy services to NGOs, Government and private sector that are interested about existing trend, usage pattern and requirements of ICT services prior to market penetration. It can help others in doing market assessment and help evaluating any impact of their ongoing work that involves the use of ICT.
4. It also provides a space and builds up a platform for young researchers, developers who want to track and analyze the trend of ICT usage in different areas of development and how it is impacting the society. It works as a network to different young researchers in the region and providse opportunities for face to face and online meetings. ‘bytesforall.org’ organizes capacity building workshops and engages the researchers with projects.
5. It can organize research based advocacy campaign on issues related ICT and development. This advocacy works includes informed discussion on relevant topics, presentation of findings, mobilizing opinions, organizing forums, lobbying for policy changes or implementation etc.