Bytesforall Bangladesh organized a series of Take Back the Tech (TBTT) campaign in seven locations across Bangladesh. The objective of these campaigns was to raise awareness among the university level students (specially female students) about the unreported incidents, consequences and legal remedies to online harassment, privacy infringement. All the campaigns were organized in different educational institutes and were attended by hundreds of female students who raised questions about the remedies, shared their experiences and interacted for a lively session. Bytesforall Bangladesh is working to develop a solution where the incidents could be reported anonymously using cell phone or Internet and can be connected directly to the local authority. Following are the locations and the approximate number of participants who attended these TBTT campaigns.
- Shahjalal Science and Technology University in Sylhet, Bangladesh (attended by 200 participants)
- Rokeya hall, a dormitory for female students at Dhaka University (attended by 50 participants)
- Institute of Education, Dhaka University (attended by 80 students)
- Maitri Hall, a dormitory for female students at Dhaka University (attended by 50 students)
- RC Majumder auditorium in Dhaka University (attended by more than 100 students)
- Chittagong Independednt University (attended by 40 students)
- Bangla Academy in conjunction with Anti Corruption Debate Competition (Attended by more than 50 students)